Bohemian peas- was: [Sca-cooks] Cardamom?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Mar 9 12:45:18 PST 2004

> Essentially, cooking things down and mushing them. Starting with fresh peas
> would be a fairly long and time consuming process- by starting with the splt
> peas, the very act of cooking them and stirring them provides you with your
> mush- from there, all you need to do is spice them, chill them, dish them,
> sugar them, and serve them forth.

Is there that much difference between dried whole peas and dried split
peas? I'm not familiar with the process of creating split peas...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It is no use telling me that there are bad aunts and good aunts.
At the  core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the
cloven hoof." -- P.G. Wodehouse, _The Code of the Woosters_