[Sca-cooks] Cooks at Gulf Wars

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Mar 11 09:50:59 PST 2004

Christianna asked:

Are there any plans for a Cook's get-together at Gulf Wars?  It's my first
time going, and I'd love to catch up to those of you that we don't get to
see at the Pennsic Cook's Potlucks.
I know the Herb Guild is meeting at Thursday Noon, what else are folks
putting on?
<<<

For several years I tried to organise an SCA-Cooks get-together at Gulf Wars. The first one got rained out when the delunge started Thursday night, when the get-together was planned, and didn't stop until the war was cancelled. The next year more new folks showed up than folks from the group.  And the number of attendees kept going down, so I dropped it.

If someone wants to organise a get-together I will try to be there.

Or, anyone is welcome to drop my our camp. We will be camping with the Barony of Bryn Gwlad in the Ansteorra area and should be on Ricardo di Pisa Lane. The baronial group is much smaller than usual this year, but there should be a large oval open pavilion with black and white stripes. My own pavilion is a square, white pavilion with red dags and corners and you should see a banner with my ram's head device on it. The same device that is shown on the Florilegium site.

I am not teaching a class this year since I submitted the request through the Gulf Wars website but it apparently got lost as I am not listed in the class lists. From past experience I know that if you aren't in the GW booklet few people will know about your class and fewer will attend. You should see me around the class area as usual though. The classes are split between different areas, class tents, the early period encampment, the Middle Eastern encampment, etc.

I believe Count Gunthar is supposed to be coming to this Gulf Wars. So you might want to bring your rain cloak, your waders or your boat, just in case.

Stefan