[Sca-cooks] Winter Squash

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 12 16:22:07 PST 2004

That webpage is only a detail from the full painting.  Over half has been
left off.  The squash are to the right of the girl at chest level.  You also
need a very good reproduction to make out the stem details.  I wasn't able
to tell a great deal until I saw a large scale reproduction in a book from
Tauchen.

There is also a large pumpkin-like veggie between the girl and the squash
down at foot level, but I can't determine whether it is a basket gourd or a
pumpkin.

Bear