[Sca-cooks] Edible Books!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 07:41:57 PST 2004

>>Now this just looks like fun.  I forwarded a copy to Hans.  It is a bit
>>confusing how it works but I guess I have to take time to really read the
>>whole thing instead of browsing.  I guess I'm not so computer saavvy to
>>figure out an (appartently) online competition or show.  I loved the
>>gallery!  But it looks like I would have to eat whatever I make, so that
>>lets out marzipan (ick).
>>Olwen
>
>My understanding is that the entries are eaten as part of the event, but
>that you are not expected to eat your own entry yourself.  The entries
>become the refreshments for anyone there.
>
>Ranvaig

Yes, I went back and read the event flyer more carefully.  It shows that the
most local event site near me isn't all that near-by.  It's down by DC.
Since the hours are not condusive to my schedule, I won't be able to play
this year, but will certainly bookmark it so I can try to figure it into my
schedule for next year (when I don't have to use all my leave time to spend
in the hospital).  I did send the link along to someone else who not only
doesnt' work, but lives down that way and likes to play with food.  Maybe
she will enter.  Some of the pictures are so funny!
Olwen