Cough remedies was Re: [Sca-cooks] "Tastes of Anglo-Saxon England"

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Mar 17 18:30:52 PST 2004

At 06:24 PM 3/17/2004, you wrote:
>At 08:03 PM 3/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>Is it the ginger that cuts the phlegm?  I've made this without, and it
>>provides some relief, and I think it's wonderful.  Don't know how it
>>would be with the ginger.  De gustibus...
>>
>>Regards,
>>Brekke
>
>I don't know about the rest of all you all, but the only thing that will
>soothe this cranky throat is a green concoction called
>Jaegermeister.  Alcohol, yes, but herbs to soothe major.  Dunno what herbs
>are in there, but it does the job with scratchy throats.

IMNSHO, slippery elm is the one that really does the job for sore or
scratchy throats. Keeping Regina and I semi-human at the moment...

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918