[Sca-cooks] RE: Lenten fasting

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 21 17:11:25 PST 2004

Some time back (several years at this point) someone on this list described
just such an experiment.  She and her husband spent Lent on a standard
(non-Lenten) medieval diet for the duration.  She said they were healthier
and thinner when they finished, and I believe she said they had kept more
things like whole grains in their diet afterwards.
Christianna

Oh, no doubt that you're right! I just thought that if I couldn't do it
for the whole 40, I might get a taste of it doing it the other way.
Frankly, at this point, I don't know nearly enough to pull it off.  It'd
certainly be a fun project, though.
--maire, somehow envisioning a medieval version of that experiment the
guy did recently, wherein he ate nothing but fast food for a month to
see what it'd do to him physically/medically....