[Sca-cooks] Splenda, was Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 05:46:14 PST 2004

We are right hand spiral critters, something about the way molecules are
put together. Our bodies can process any substance with a right hand
spiral, but not left hand spiral molecules.  it is pretty much ignored
by the body, hence a sugar that has no calories or effects on diabetics.
It is a sort of natural substance, found in fructose...which is why
fructose is recommended to diabetics.
http://machaut.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/WEBSTER.sh?WORD=Levulose

Diabetisweet is aceta-K, same as sunette brand non-nutritive sweetener.
it is a carbon based chemical that has a sweet taste to many people.
http://www.ific.org/publications/brochures/acekbroch.cfm

The trouble with splenda....are you useing splenda by itself, or are you
eating a commercially made sweet? if you are using a commercially made
sweet, they 'augment' the sweetness with maltitol which would cause the
runs in someone with almost terminal constip at tion....when they have a
'serving size' you better believe you stick to it...and you would not
believe what a mess can occur when a small child decided to gorge on
diabetic sweets......oy! when they say 3 pieces is a serving size, they
MEAN it.

--
Aruvqan, nicknamed Margali