[Sca-cooks] Eskimo ice cream

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Wed Mar 24 12:35:32 PST 2004

At 08:32 AM 3/24/2004 -0800, Selene wrote:
>The only full-blooded Inuit person I know was born in LA, so she won't be
>of much help, but I'll bet a donut that the ancient People did not use
>Crisco.  <GGG>  On the other hand, it's probably easier to acquire these
>days than seal fat.  Nobody is going around protesting SAVE THE CRISCOES!
>
>Phillip wrote:
. . .
> [...]
. . .

I'll bet a mouthful of misembec that they didn't use white sugar either.
And a plateful of cryspes says that they didn't call it ice cream.

But there are people who object to Crisco, and some of them are the same
ones who object to seal-clubbing. Here's why:
  - Trans fat.
  - Soybean oil is (AFAIK) mainly a by-product of oilcake for livestock
fodder. (That's why it's so cheap.)

--
Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon