[Sca-cooks] fruit flies

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 16:29:30 PST 2004

>Yes, they're back.  I put a banana peel in the garbage and now there are
>fruit flies everywhere.  This is Buffalo!  How can there be fruit flies
>when there's still piles of snow melting?
>
>Now anyone know how I can get rid of them without poisoning the cat?

I found this on the net.. I've not tried it.
Ranvaig

How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies

Mix the following ingredients together in an open jar or other
container (the quantities are  relative to how many flies you're
trying to get rid of):

1/2 qt water (2 c)
2 T sugar
2 T (white) vinegar
a couple drops of liquid dishsoap

Leave the mixture sitting out in the infested area, as long as needed.