[Sca-cooks] fruit flies

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 25 17:20:36 PST 2004

Morgana Abbey wrote:

> Now anyone know how I can get rid of them without poisoning the cat?
>
> Morgana

This message is from our Principality e-list.  I haven't tried it, but it
looks viable.
Faerisa

detergent section and purchase "20 Mule Team Borax", the real thing.  When
you get home put a few tablespons on a paper plate or open dish, add a
teaspoon of sugar to attract them and they will eat and die.
That's how I keep fruit flies from my vintning area.  Refresh the plate from

time to time and you'll be free of the pests, without any toxins."
THL Madeleine, Windhaven