[Sca-cooks] fruit flies

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Fri Mar 26 07:54:28 PST 2004

When brewing/vintning, you want to allow CO2 to escape, but keep
bacteria/molds/etc/ away from your wort/must.  These are little devices
that fit into the cork that provide a water barrier to the germs, but
allow CO2 to bubble out.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/AB1605000/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=137&CATID=12
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/AB1605000/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=203&CATID=12

Both of these examples are on their sides.  The part on the right in
each picture goes into the cork/stopper in your fermentation container.

--Cian