[Sca-cooks] Menu for EK Coronation Feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 07:24:49 PST 2004

>On 29 Mar 2004, at 0:54, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
> >   Lady Brighid ni Chiarain gave
> > > Quail Eggs in a Nest
> > Is this presented as a soteltie? Are you doing one nest per person? Or
> > one nest per table with each person getting one or two eggs? Are these
> > hardboiled quail eggs? What is the nest going to be made of?
>
>Yes.  No.  Yes.  Yes.  Shredded greens.

This will be fun to see/do.  When I made mine, I made the nests from that
shredded filo stuff.  What type of greens are you going to use?  Cooked or
raw?

> > > Dessert Table
> > > Almond Jelly in Three Colors
>
> > How are you going to serve this? As a bowl to each table with the three
> > colors in it?
>
>I am going to cut the jelly into cubes and mix the colors in a bowl.  The
>desserts will be served buffet style, not delivered to individual tables.
>
> > I think it will be interesting to see how this jelly dish goes over.
>
>I brought some to a populace meeting.  People either liked it a lot or
>thought
>it was too bland/weird/unidentifiable.  I wouldn't serve it as the only
>dessert,
>but my philosophy is to include one or two weird foods per feast.  Besides,
>it
>looks very cool.

I have been wanting to taste/make this almond milk version.  We often serve
the jellied milk as a pallette cleanser between a course or as a dessert
offering on a dessert buffet.  It does look cool.
Olwen