[Sca-cooks] herb question

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Mar 29 13:48:06 PST 2004

At 01:39 PM 3/29/2004, you wrote:

>Um... Not Lavendar-- that blooms in the spring.

Ack! Thank you! (scribble...)

>I would wonder about harvesting either Rosemary or Thyme so close to
>winter. Maybe parsley or other green herbs?
>
>July-August (specifically from the feast of John the Baptist to the
>Festival of the Acension) is the prime time to harvest herbs.

Ok, could she be pruning and getting things ready for wintering over?

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918