[Sca-cooks] a successful day

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 05:33:16 PST 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Doesn't mean non-official channels can't be used though, to spread
> recommendations. Perhaps you could get the info about this event and
> post it to a mail list or two that you are on. And maybe get friends,
> such as Peers, who are on special or restricted lists to do the same
> if it is within the subject of that list. Or simply email friends and
> let them know.

Just to let you know...I spoke with the autocrat last night. It's her
first time out, so she's still learning. At any rate, things are in
motion to make everyone aware of the event and how great we think it
will be. We sent messages out to the Kingdom list, Seneschals,
Chroniclers and Kingdom Orders. We are also sending special written
invitations to the Barons and Royalty. We are taking copies of the flyer
to Coronation and other events that our folk are attending. And I'm
making noises about the event on this list...hoping Atlantians here will
spread the word in their local groups. I also suggested that she call
the Kingdom Web Minister and, sounding really humble and sweet (which
she can do to a "fare-thee-well"), tell him that she didn't realize when
the deadline was, so that's why it was late getting in and would he
please be kind enough to put it on the Kingdom calendar with a link to
our Web page. Hopefully it will work, though he has proven to be less
than cooperative in the past.

> Even if you aren't going to the event, you can help out. This *is* the
> SCA. The official stuff is supposed to be a help to the rest of it,
> not the reason for the rest of it. And while more difficult, the
> Society could exist without it.

Unfortunately, lately there seems to be a perception that we are here to
serve the rules rather than the other way 'round.

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.