[Sca-cooks] Tonight on the Food Network - Biblical Foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 22:27:38 PST 2004

Phlip replied to my humor with:
> > Yeah, and if you did pull this loaves and fishes thing off, would you
> > end up with a big pile of fish since most of the SCA folks just ate
> the
> > bread? I think you'd have many irritated people. The carnivores, the
> > vegans, the... :-)
> > Stefan
> > (I think loaves and cheese goo would go over better...)
>
> Stefan, YOU might only eat the bread,
Huh? I *like* fish. I would eat the fish. Unless it was raw. I don't
think the bible story talks about them cooking it or not. And if they
forgot to bring any food, I doubt the spectators brought cooking
utensils. But yes, there are ways to improvise.
> but around here, fish has been vanishing.
Well yes, overfishing and pollution do have an impact... despite what
the current administration thinks. :-)
> Some of us LIKE our vegetables, even the scaled ones...
Well yes, as messages in this file indicate, the idea that folks will
not eat fish at feasts does have its exceptions. But enough will not,
and we've talked about this enough, that I thought I'd joke about it.
feasts-fish-msg   (24K)  2/19/04    Serving fish at SCA feasts.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com