[Sca-cooks] Shrimp mold was Mairi Ceilidh

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:53:17 PST 2004

The lemon was made with yellowish 'pan with a white layer for the pith then
a darker yellow for the rind.  Texturation is the key.  If I can remember, I
think I used a fork then a toothpick for the varigation of the lemon meat
and I used that bumpy part of a grater for the dimples on the rind.  And
variation of colour adds to the realizm.

For the orange dust I would suggest getting or making some orangy/yellow
sugar then grinding that down a bit.  Of course, you could always make some
coloured sugarplate or even marzipan then dry it out really good and hard
and grate that up.
Olwen, fellow conspiritor