Perceptions - was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Tonight on the Food Network - Biblical Foods

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 14:16:17 PST 2004

Also sprach Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise:
>  > But yes, there seems to be this idea that fish is somehow more than
>>  just a food some people dislike, or just something that fails to
>>  actively appeal to them: it's somehow as if you insulted them. And
>>  this is sufficiently acceptable and natural behavior for many people
>>  for it to be commonplace.
>
>They feel this way about mushrooms, too. :)

Wow! Really? I don't think I've ever encountered that. "No, thank
you," I'm familiar with. "I'm allergic to mushrooms," I know.
"Eeee-ew, Sweet Weeping Hey-Zeus On a Tricycle, mushrooms, what are
you trying to do, kill me by making me barf myself to death?!?", I've
never had to deal with.

Adamantius