[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT: New Lilieks goodies - Regrettable foodfun

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat May 1 07:53:26 PDT 2004

Ohmygawd! Coffee Jello! I love that stuff, although I don't think I've
actually made it in *years*.  The recipe for it is one of the few things
I distinctly snagged from my mom's recipe box before my sister stole off
with the rest of it.  It's even got a decent custard sauce that you
serve over the top of it (dang, but a nice rum would be grand in the
sauce....). Mom used to make it for special occasions in this special
tupperware mold that was bowl-shaped, but had a "lid" on the small end
(bottom) of the bowl as well as on the top.  You could replace the small
lid with different designs for different festive occasions, and when you
turned the whole thing right-side-up to unmold it, popping that small
lid off broke the seal? of the jello sticking to the mold, and it came
right out....
If anyone wants the recipe, let me know....
--maire, lured from swampy lurkdom in spite of herself.....