[Sca-cooks] Re:sugar plate gelatin

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Mon May 3 19:59:57 PDT 2004

Uhm if you are talking to me then sure here it is...
Very Base recipe....

4 Cups Powdered Sugar... Ok this is shaky because we got to the point of
just saying to heck with it and pouring the sugar in... but for
arguments sake we'll say
4 Cups Powdered Sugar in a bowl and make a dent in the center... (Much
like you do when making pasta.)

Mix 4 ounces of boiling water with
4 Teaspoons of Gelatin (Mix well)

Pour the water gelatin mix into the dent in the powdered sugar.  (Why? I
dunno just do it.)
Mix that all together
Add More sugar keep mixing...
Keep Adding Sugar and Mixing it in until you can coat your hands with
sugar, and pick up the paste that has formed without it sticking to your
hands, to much.  Keep adding sugar and knead it in.  Add whatever color
you want and flavorings.   Keep kneading and adding sugar until you
reach playdoh consistency.
At that point your Sugar Paste is ready to mold into whatever you so
desire.    Although I do recommed molds.

Sorry that is my version of the recipe... I can go and check out the
book again from the library but that is the general gist of the recipe.
Nichola