[Sca-cooks] OT:? fabric sale

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon May 3 20:24:44 PDT 2004

ok,  summer is comng, and so is Pennisc (and the Ren Fair season) so....

two fabric sales of note.. one mine (I am selling) and one is a retail
chain, I have nothing to do with...well, i buy there <grin>

my sale first because its my email....

I just landed some 100% linen. one in a denimy blue color (it ISNT Indigo,
but it looks like it could be) medium weight. (light tunic, but no where
near transparent)

the other is a kind of "hounds tooth" woven in check, tan and dark brown,
medium weight (but heavier than the blue stuff). (tunic weight, not sideless
surcoat weight.. at least for me)

bolts of cotton gauze, in a plaid pattern! no, not a tartan type plaid, but
a stripe that is crossed by other stripes... available in blue shades, brown
shades, a sort of green, and a kind of red

one bolt of an olivey green cotton gauze

a single bolt of a  "raw" silk, in a course linen type weave.. bright  red

silk chiffon, black with a subtle grey cross hatch pattern

plus my usual fabrics, of course.... I will be bringing them to the SCA
event "Garb Wars"...May 14-16 in Bright Hills
(mundanely? Maryland)
_______________

commercial chain........
Hayes Sewing Machine Co
3208 Concord Pike, Wilmington, Delaware
(they have a webpage I think, and another store in Conshohocken???)

they have a 30% off ALL their fabric right now, and I spotted some really
*heavy* 100% linen in dark dark green...... I grabbed some, but there is
some left. also some other nice linens in the store.

it costs more than my linen.. but I am figuring on surcoats.....

enjoy!

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...