[Sca-cooks] Florilegium statistics

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 5 22:33:39 PDT 2004

A while back on the Rialto, Master Cariadoc had asked me just how
active the Florilegium was. At that time I didn't have any info for him
because I wasn't running any statistics program to do anything with the
info that was being kept. It turns out my Web Host did have such a
program running. It did get terminated when the Florilegium went down
last February, but we do have the data display from before that time
and we should get it updated in coming weeks.

Since this list seems to be one of the big users of the Florilegium, I
thought I'd give a few of the highlights:
The number of hits on the Florilegium falls during the summer months
and the number of hits goes up tremendously during lunchtime hours. It
looks like a lot of folks are looking at the Florilegium during lunch
at work. :-)

In January the *daily* average number of hits was over 18,000 with
15,000 files being downloaded.
The monthly number of hits was almost 565,000 hits and almost 470,000
files were downloaded for a total of 9602985 *K*bytes being downloaded.
9 Gigabytes of data!

The number of hits varies from 759 to 6014 hits *per hour*.

And folks from 129 different countries visited the Florilegium. How
many countries are there in the world? Some of these are duplicates
though since US educational, US commercial and US government each get
logged separately for instance.

So, not CNN numbers but not a small site, either. :-) Especially since
most of it is text data and not images.

I am considering adding the stats link to the Florilegium webpage, but
for those who might be interested in the full report, here is the link:
http://www.timecastle.net/stats/florilegium.org/

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas