[Sca-cooks] Trader Joe's

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun May 9 20:25:46 PDT 2004

For those who have a Trader Joe's in the neighborhood and a use for saffron.

I stopped by one of those in Portland, OR for olive oil, and as we were
exploring came upon a display of small corked glass jars of one gram of
Santini "premium Quality" saffron.  Says product of Spain, imported by
Santini Foods, Inc. San Lorenzo, CA.  Cost was $2.99.  The little jar alone
would cost you that.  The saffron is threads, not powder.

Regina Romsey
"Life is not a journey to the Grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body
but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming --Wow! What A Ride!!"