[Sca-cooks] Middle Kingdom Culinary News

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon May 10 15:23:02 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone--- what follows is the official notice
regarding the Midrealm Culinary site--- As you can see by reading the
following,
the MKCC has entered a new era with a new site.
Links to the previous site are invalid. Please
do update your links, if they are linked to the
old site.

Please post to your newsgroups or e-mail list if appropriate.
We are trying to let people know how to reach us, our articles,
and how to find out more information regarding our event next
December.

Thanks. all.

THL Johnnae llyn Lewis

---------------------------

Middle Kingdom Cook’s Activities

Despite rumors to the contrary the E-Mail list and website for the
Middle Kingdom Culinary Collegium is alive and well. The MKCC website
under went some growing pains and disappeared for a spell before being
reorganized earlier this spring. New Year AS XXXIX finds both the list
and website alive and well.

The list is operated under the able hands of the MK Webminister Master
Dafydd Blaidd. All are welcome to join. To subscribe to the email list,
just send an email with no subject line to majordomo at midrealm.org
<mailto:majordomo at midrealm.org> with the line as the only information in
the body of the message: subscribe mk-cooks

The list at the moment is a low volume affair, compared to a number of
other Society culinary lists.

The MKCC website is now under the able administration of Her Excellency
Mistress Iasmin de Cordoba. It can be found at:
http://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/mkcc/index.html
<http://home.comcast.net/%7Eiasmin/mkcc/index.html> The site offers over
30 articles on a range of culinary topics from eating at Pennsic to
Coronation and feast menus to surveys on tomatoes, sugar paste, and
sugar icing. Contributed original articles on culinary topics are
welcome. [Bookmarks to the former site at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mkcooks
<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Emkcooks> should be changed or deleted as
they now lead nowhere.]

Lastly, do mark your calendars for the annual 2004 Middle Kingdom Cooks'
Symposium which will be held December 4 2004 in the Canton of Three
Hills (Kalamazoo, Michigan). The site is the beautiful Cathedral of
Christ the King, site of Bardic Madness South in 2003. Wet site, lovely
kitchen, large main hall, nice sanctuary, easy to find off I-94 and
close to all sorts of amenities. Ably autocrated by:

Mistress Siobhan (judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu; facility logistics);

Mistress Iasmin (iasmin at comcast.net; teacher liaison, class

scheduling) and Dame Hauviette (channonmondoux at yahoo.com; keynote
speaker, auction, etc.) Contact them for more information.

THL Johnnae llyn Lewis