[Sca-cooks] SCA names for foodie types

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 08:15:14 PDT 2004

Now that's a name list I need to accumulate, in my other "persona" as a
titled herald.
Here is the post from the SCA Heralds e-list, forwarded with the
permission of the author.

Also see article on '"Misplaced" Names in Reaney & Wilson - Sorted By Name'
by Jeanne Marie Lacroix, Crescent Herald.
These are surnames with Interesting meanings
that might be of interest to anyone shopping for a period English name.

Best, Selene
Aurum Pursuivant, Caid

=-=-=-=  forwarded material =-=-=-=

(I just found a byname for someone who 'saves bacon'...)
 > > Okay...I know someone who just might like that. *grin* > What is it?

Sparbakoun 'spare-bacon', dated 1338 in Jonsjo.

- Teceangl
--
 Unless you, pause, every other, word, don't put, commas, into your, blazon.