[Sca-cooks] humorous humorous articles for newsletters

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 17 22:25:13 PDT 2004

> May I tag along as well...our Chronicler is always looking for neat
> stuff, and this definitely falls into that category!  Of course, we'll
> give you full credit.
>
> Kiri
>
> >> --maire, thinking it'd be fun to put in our
> >> local newsletter--we've
> >> really been needing something to laugh at,
> >> lately!
Well, I hope I'm not beating this one to a pulp, but the Florilegium
does have some funny articles, many which might be of interest to
newsletter editors. For instance:
SCA-dishes-art    (11K)  4/13/00    "A Guide to making the most out of
the SCA
                                        and its members" by Kim Huett.
(humor)
Garboholic-art    (11K) 11/ 5/91    Humorous article warning those
making garb.
Rock-Crystal-art  (12K) 10/19/00    "Carving Rock Crystal According to
                                   Theophilius" by Lord Valdis of
Gotland (humor)
Cooking-Piggy-art  (5K)  9/27/01    A humorous adventure cooking a pig.
Charlemagne-art   (13K)  7/ 7/98    "Charlemagne" by Jan van Seist.
(humor)
Frm-Balthazar-art(197K)  8/ 2/00    A series of daily articles on
period history
                                         by Sir Balthazar of Endor.
(humor)
Joan-of-Arc-art   (15K)  8/ 2/99    "Joan of Arc (1412 to 1430): Girl
power in
                                        the 15th cent" by Jan van Seist.
(humor)
Otto-T-Great-art   (9K)  7/29/99    "Otto the great (936-973) or Saxony
saves
                                        the world" by Jan van Seist.
(humor)
War-o-t-Roses-art (10K)  3/24/98    "The War of the Roses" by Jan van
Seist.
                                        A short, humorous overview
article.

And while not intending to be particularly humorous, if an editor is
looking for material to fill up their pages, there is always my monthly
article detailing what is new in the Florilegium each month. I *know*
there must be a few newsletters in the Known World who aren't carrying
it. Yet. ;-}

Stefan
Please feel free to pass this on to your local newsletter editors...)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com