[Sca-cooks] Okay, so this is vaguely food-related...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed May 26 14:12:33 PDT 2004

...and this just in, in our G-d proposes, Man disposes department,

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/65/story_6516.html

A brief precis for those who want one, or else would have no interest
in the link...

A girl in the Boston diocese is on a celiac-type, gluten-free diet,
and there are issues with the wheat in communion wafers, so this girl
is leaving the Catholic Church because they won't allow a wheat-free
communion wafer made from rice or something. Apparently
transubstantiation doesn't work on a rice wafer. This is actually not
something I'd expect to blame the Church for, but it does say
something about paying too much attention to Middle Management. The
girl's parents, not wishing to be less pigheaded than the Church,
have refused to allow their daughter to receive the sacrament in the
species of wine.

<sigh>

Quien es mas estupido?

Just out of curiosity, is there a provision for celiac Jews at
Passover, or is it okay if you simply eat no bread at all, leavened
or otherwise?

Adamantius