Multi-tasking tool user was Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP: Which Food TV Chef are you?

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue May 4 09:45:12 PDT 2004

> Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>>> --On Tuesday, May 04, 2004 8:27 AM -0700 Susan Fox-Davis
>>> <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> I would be interested to hear you expound on that last.  I am a big
>> proponant of what I call "cross-crafting," that is, using skills or
>> tools from one art form to do something new in a completely
>> different art form.

well, i use my marble rolling pin to flatten my tooling copper. chopsticks
and popsickle sticks for the relief work, not to mention a mechanical
pencil without lead in it for the tiny dot work.  crab mallets make great
texture in a lot of things.

 i use paintbrushes to decorate cookies (and marzipan), and the watercolor
mixing trays for different colors.

and i grab white embroidery thread when i need trussing twine (i have
actually sewn a turkey shut upon one occasion....   drew too badly when the
skin crisped.

of course, there are the ubiquitous water tumblers and shot glasses for
cutting.... 8)

cailte
gotta get some of those push out cups alton used one of these days.....

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions