[Sca-cooks] testing what's up?

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed May 5 07:35:42 PDT 2004

--On Wednesday, May 05, 2004 9:17 AM -0400 Mairi Ceilidh
<jjterlouw at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Why doesn't some generous soul hand me a ready-to-cook menu and set of
> recipes with a Celtic/Norse theme?

well.......   i have been known to do early celtic, based on foodstuffs
available, etc.   no huge documentation tho....

did one where we had a bit of celtic mythology introducing each course...
mcdatho's pig, salmon of knowledge, hazelnuts from the tree of wisdom,
apples of avalon, the white bull, watercress (thought by some to be the
original shamrock that patrick purloined)....

cailte
giving 'em dinner and a show

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions