[Sca-cooks] Re: Blown sugar was Multi-tasking

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu May 6 09:26:25 PDT 2004

 I have been researching this for past few years and to date have
nothing that says so... making it on the par with doing work in chocolate---
very cool and very neat but never done in that fashion prior to 1600.
On the other hand--- pulled sugar did turn up (although not served to
Henri III in Venice in the 1570's) and there was cast sugar which is a
poured
sugar.syrup for molds. Neither of those are that far off from blown ....

Johnnae llyn Lewis