[Sca-cooks] Pallet Cleansers

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu May 6 22:06:44 PDT 2004

I'd go with that all-time favorite, bunches of parsley.  Cut them in little
sprigs, if you have someone with too much time on their hands, you could
wrap thread around two or three stems to make nice full bunches. That way
folks would see they weren't just decoration.  I'd definitely do something
herbal though, fennel seeds is a good one.  Anise, fennel, and carraway
seeds have the advantage of being carminatives (help expell gas from the
intestines) and are digestives.  The sweet stuff will mask the palate but
not cleanse it.  Usually a light sorbet with an acidic flavor is served in a
classical restaurant - we did an Apple Calvadose one, I've served lemon
water over shaved ice before.
Christianna

Anyone out there?
Ya know we need phone lists... Sheesh.  I definitely need me some life
lines.
All right here is tonights question...
Can anyone name me some pallet cleansers?  And before any of you jokers
get any ideas... I mean taste pallets not Wooden Pallets.
I am already using Peaches in Sugar,  Candied Lemon Slices,  and Candied
Mint Leaves (Very Tasty BTW).
I need one more and kinda want to avoid Candied Whatever....
There are grapes of course but I am trying to avoid that one because I
want to use them at a later date... BEG!!!

Anyways I will keep checking in for another hour or so...
Nichola