[Sca-cooks] Food and squeamishness

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 9 22:31:09 PDT 2004

Petru asked:
>   I was wondering, has anyone ever served food at a feast such as a
> whole
> pig's or ox's head, or a whole piglet, or, basically, anything that can
> stare right back at you while you munch on it?
>
> Actually, I gather quite a few people have, but I'm mostly interested
> in the reaction it drew from the diners.
Although I'm not sure how much there is on the crowd's reaction, here
are a few files from the Florilegium:
whole-pig-msg     (63K)  3/ 1/04    Info. on roasting a whole pig.
Experiences.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/whole-pig-msg.html
pig-heads-msg      (8K)  2/ 6/04    Cooking, displaying or otherwise
working
                                        with pig’s heads. Real and
artificial.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/pig-heads-msg.html
Whole-Pig-Fst-art (36K)  9/22/98    Feast menu and recipes incl. a
roasted pig.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Whole-Pig-Fst-art.html

Stefan
--------