[Sca-cooks] Hat was favorite cicada lymerics; YAK

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 06:38:09 PDT 2004

Both.  The white goo I tossed in a bowl with rice crispies, for the crunch
ya know.  Actually, it was difficult to combine the two without crushing the
crispies since the white goo only really wanted to stick to itself.  The
caramel I put in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave for a few seconds at a
time so it would get warm and a little melty but not so hot it burned
fingers.  I then took bit of the caramel and squished in palms to flatten,
formed a shape from the white crispie and wrapped that in the caramel and
shaped it and imprinted the lines with a little knife edge.  Last night I
lightly painted the green and orangy/red parts.  The are a bit too green but
I think that is fixable.  I expected the green colour to sink in dull out in
drying but it didn't.  The wings will be made from a hard candy recipe and
scribed or painted lines on them.  I will pop the bugs in the micro to
soften before inserting the wings.  They are an exagerated size, but oh so
cool.
Olwen