[Sca-cooks] Dayboard-like Fighter Food

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri May 21 06:45:34 PDT 2004

The two big field-side cooling foods generally served here are orange wedges
and pickle slices, both chilled.  At the event I was at in South Georgia two
weeks ago, several ladies picked up the trays and walked around the field
offering cold pickle slices and orange slices to those sitting watching the
fighting as well as the fighters themselves.  It was very hot, and that
pickle was one of the best I'd had in a long time (not really due to the
quality of pickle, more to the heat and humidity).  Olives would probably be
another really good addition.
Sekanjabin is wonderful as an electrolite balancer, it would make a nice
addition to your beverages.
Christianna