[Sca-cooks] Dayboard-like Fighter Food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat May 22 00:19:59 PDT 2004

Jadwiga commented:
> > HARD COOKED EGGS would be peeled ahead of time. I think it's really
> > too much to ask the fighters to peel them.
>
> The trouble with peeled hard cooled eggs is a) they quickly get
> unsanitary
Only if folks have to pick through them to get one. Put them in
inididual paper cups. Or have someone hand them out to the individual
diners with gloves or tongs.

> and b) they take forever to peel.
I suppose you are talking about how long it would take the staff to
peel them. But have you ever tried to peel a hard-boiled egg wearing a
pair of guantlets? :-)

There are some suggestions in the eggs-msg file in the Florilegium on
how to more easily peel hard-boiled eggs. Or in a number of cookbooks
if you prefer.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas