[Sca-cooks] Central Market update

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 07:54:12 PDT 2004

Gunthar, you are blessed.  Lots of people are doing the "second career"
or even third in these weird economic times.  You've scored a job that
involves a skill-set that you LOVE.  I wish I could do that... but I'm
committed to a family business 'til I retire.  OH well, maybe I'll write
that cookbook I keep threatening to do.

Maybe this datum will help:  Smithfield Ham is carried at the Chinese
supermarket where I shop.  When I asked why such a charactaristically
American item was there, they said that it was because it was the next
closest thing on the planet to Yunnan Ham but cheaper and without all
the problems of meat import regulations.

>PS Selene, when are you putting the birthday
>cake pictures on your website?  I want to show
>off my work!
>
>Huette

That's a Jared question, ask him.  <firedrake at earthlink.net>

Selene C.