Lainie-brownies was [Sca-cooks] Cnn cilantro story

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu May 27 19:13:29 PDT 2004

Dutched cocoa doesn't *have* sugar in it to begin with.  There's sugar
in the recipe, but it's added in quite separately (well, and there's
some in the chocolate chips).
You'd probably lose some of the decadence factor by substituting
ingredients (like using w.w. flour), but that doesn't mean you wouldn't
get a perfectly decent brownie.  Just wouldn't be a Lainie-brownie....
By the way, co-workers ate the entire batch.  Yes, I helped <g>
--maire