[Sca-cooks] Re: A Toast to the SCA

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 31 19:02:46 PDT 2004

On 5/31/04 2:18 PM, "Billfog1 at aol.com" <Billfog1 at aol.com> wrote:

>   Mistress Christianna MacGrain wrote:
> (sniped)
> Good Gentles, I ask you to raise a glass with me 25 years ago this weekend I
> attended my first SCA event, Trimaris Memorial Tourney at the Mariana Caverns
> in Mariana, Florida.  I met my future husband, Knikolos Major of
> Salem-by-the-Sea.  I drank Krupnik for the first time..."this strange thing
> called an OOO -
> to Ammalyne's dog"...Lord Seamus Mccryu McHoo/"Mad Randy" (Hi,Orlando!)  So,
> here's to the Society for Creative Anachronism.  A fascinating, frustrating,
> individualistic, intelligent, faithful, loyal, artistic, and wonderful group
> of
> people.

Clink, Clink, another drink to our early days in the SCA!

My first event was Feast of Fools 2000.  Extreme weirdness, even for Caid.
The Camel Drivers Roller Disco Belly Dancers and The Dance of 7,000 Veils.
Mister Bill Becomes A Seneschal.  That morning found me in the kitchen,
learning to make baklava, surely a sign of my SCA career to come.

Selene Colfox