[Sca-cooks] Forest management (was ovens)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 1 13:04:18 PST 2004

> Thanks Phlip! This is exactly my point - it is the managed forests that
> are providing firewood as well as building timber, not the "dead and down".

Depends on when and where, I think. There are some interesting books and
articles about forest management in our time period in various
ecobotanical studies.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the clearing stands a boxer, A fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders Of every blow that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving' But the fighter still remains."