[Sca-cooks] RE "A Market Day at Birka"

JAMES REVELLS sudnserv5 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 8 05:51:14 PST 2004

Hej!
    It may become a 2 day event some time in the next 3-5 years, so it won't
be as short of an event.  A lot of us have started arriving on Friday night
& keeping the bar open late as well as closing down the bar on Saturday
night.  Many of us also finish off the event at the breakfast buffet at the
hotel Sunday morning.  It has grown a lot, last year was around 1800 people
& we expect to grow more this year.  You might consider defraying some of
your cost by bringing trade goods with you from Sweden.  See the web site
at:   http://www.birka.org/
Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord