[Sca-cooks] Carrot Pie (was what's wierd-ish, what isn't)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 10 15:54:46 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>

> I'm a little nervous about this myself. Remember, I don't do pie, and
> I'm currently considering two kinds of pie for this event... the
> vegetable tart from Le Menagier and the carrot pie. But anyway, can you
> post the recipe, Brighid?

I thought the recipe was in the Florilegium, but there's only the translation, not my redaction.  I'll post it later, when I get home from work.

> I believe it's from Granado, right?

It is, but I suspect it's one of the recipes he filched from Scappi.  ISTR that it's in the chapter on tortas in the Italian style.

> Oh, and does it reheat well?

I honestly have no idea; I've never reheated it.  I think it tastes fine at room temperature.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net