[Sca-cooks] German Harvest Feast Outlands Nov 04

M C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:50:14 PST 2004

Greetings the list.

I just finished what started out as a small A&S feast to help me show
the kids from Schola Metallorum how much FUN a feastkitchen can be, and
became Outlands Crown Tournament II.

My final head count was 75, including 15 at head table.  I was asked to
do appetizers, main course and dessert sideboard.  My menu finalized at:
Vorspeisen:
Bread (German and French)
Butter
Cheese (Swiss, Munster, cheddar)
Eggs with Mustard Sauce
Pickles (beets, dills, mushrooms)

Haupt Gang:
Chicken Hungarian style: in apple/lemon sauce
Sausages with cabbage
Roast pork with onions
Pear mustard sauce
Earthapples
Carrots simmered in beef broth

Nachtisch:
Apple tarts
Almond marchpanes
Gwen Cats Meringue Kisses
Fresh fruit

I brought the entire feast in at just over $300. (but that does include
those non food items like Ziptop baggies for food storage, and a new
rubbermaid container to keep the baronial serving trays contained and
clean between uses.)  I had a budget of $6 per head, and obviously came
in UNDER.

I webbed the menu, recipes, notes and thank yous at:

http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Egrasse/GK_ASnCrown04feast.htm

Comments appreciated!

In Service
Gwen Cat