[Sca-cooks] articles from research

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 22:13:45 PST 2004

Samrah commented:
> One thing I am really proud of in my Kingdom is that we have many
> artisans who do a really high level of research and craftmanship and
> staying in personna (absolutely no mundane discussions in many cases)
> just because that is how they play the game.  Not to win competitions
> or gain titles, but because it is the right thing to do.  As
> reognition does not motivate these folks, many of them go unnoticed.
Well, do any of these folks turn their research and craftsmanship into
articles? You might suggest this to them. I'm always looking for more
good articles for the Florilegium. It is, I like to think, a good way
to let their research help others than just those in their immediate
area. I can't guarantee that getting an article into the Florilegium
will get them noticed, but it certainly can't hurt. If we can all build
on the work of others, then we can all advance our game that much
further.

My standard policy is that the copyright to such articles remains with
the authors so they can also be submitted to TI or other places. And I
do take updates, so any feedback or further research can be used to
further refine the article. Even class handouts or A&S documentation
can often be used, especially as a starting point and replaced by an
article later if desired.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas