[Sca-cooks] candies and sweets

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 23 10:51:10 PST 2004

Greetings!

Earlier, someone asked about the names of various candies and such. I
did not see the response, and I have the same question. Would some of
you knowledgeable folks point me towards source material for: candies in
the period of 1450-1500 in the areas of London, Florence (and other
Itallian States), Vienna, or I guess any other European region.

Since "candy" does not appear to be a period term, I am not sure what to
look for. Kind of like looking up a word in the dictionary when you
don't know the word. Anyay, I am looking for nougats, boiled sugar
candies, honey based, candied fruits, sweets with nuts, etc.

Book references are also appreciated!

Thanks!
Aoghann.
(I will be hitting the Florillegium during Thanksgiving.)