[Sca-cooks] Re: [kl] Happy Thanksgiving, All...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Nov 25 12:13:04 PST 2004

...wherever you might be ;-)

Well, T'Day around this house seldom has much to do with turkey. We eat
turkey throughout the year, and we're involved in mass cookery throughout
the year, so we try to do something a bit different for Thanksgiving. Last
year, I made a real Peking Duck, since I was the only one here- this year,
my roommates are here, and with guests, there will be 6 of us, so Margali
decided to cook Persian.

We'll be stuffing dates with a Cheese and Walnut Dip, and having a Yogurt
and Celery Dip with bread, and a Tomato and Cucumber Salad.

Veggies will be Spinach Narcissus and Squash Kuku. with, as it's called
Saffron Steamed Plain Basmati Rice (or as I call it, PITA Rice) surrounded
by Dolmas, Bied Hamira and gyro slabs.

Menu does include turkey, as part of the Pomegranite Kharesh- rather like a
stew. Normally it's made with chicken or duck, but money was running tight,
so we went with turkey rather than duck. We'll also have Sweet and Sour
Chicken, and Artichoke Khoresh (which includes lamb.

Not sure of dessert- others are bringing that- but I made up a batch of my
Buttermilk Fudge to be sliced thinly and placed beside it, as a bit of a
sweet.

Won't be traditional, but we are planning on eating well ;-) I hope all of
you do the same ;-) If anybody wants recipes, I suspect you're going to
hafta wait until this weekend ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.