[Sca-cooks] Sourdough Starter

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:30:15 PST 2004

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>
wrote:

> No, I admitted that the presence of lactobacilli is required.

Really??  I could have sworn that you wrote:

"While
you
may require that something have the acidic bacteria that produce a
sour taste to be called sourdough because to you it is equivalent to
your term 'acid', you would have to produce some hefty references to
prove that the references we have cited are incorrect. In fact, you
have
yet to supply any references for your statement that sourdoughs must
contain the acidic bacteria."

As a matter of fact, you did write that.  That's a direct quote from
an earlier e-mail.

Care to explain this?  Or, was I correct in my initial assessment
that this was a knee-jerk
reaction to someone having the audacity to contradict your favorite
sca-cooks 'authorities'??

My guess is that it is the latter, and having been proven wrong,
despite your reactionary attempts
to justify your wholly unsubstantiated theory with
auto-contradictory references and
pseudo-scholarly clap-trap, you have waffled.

"In fact, you
have
yet to supply any references for your statement that sourdoughs must
contain the acidic bacteria."

Been there....done that.  Next?

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.