[Sca-cooks] A small feast (long)

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 2 08:11:00 PST 2004

The feast -- er, dinner -- sounds like it was wonderful.

You said you made the pie crusts in advance and froze them. Do you have a
recipe, and more importantly, some pointers on making good pie crust? Up
until now I have relied on pre-made crusts, but Pillsbury just recently
changed their packaging on their refrigerated crusts, and it seems like they
have also changed their formula and the size of the piece of dough as well.
At any rate, I haven't had good luck with the new crusts. And my local
grocery is no longer carrying the Mrs. Smith's (dairy-free) frozen shells.
So I have to learn to make my own. I would need to use either vegetable
shortening or soy margarine instead of butter.

Cynara