[Sca-cooks] roast turkey

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 3 09:10:07 PST 2004

William de Grandfort writes:

>I absolutely agree with this.  A one-off 'Fabulous Feast' using very late period ingredients or
>period oddities, but incorporating them using commonly available and documentable techniques and
>methods would be a real joy for the cook, and possibly the guests as well :)

I did something along this line once at Ivan & Anastacia's coronation
feast.  The last course of a late-period menu was Mexican Chocolate
[beverage that is;  yes, there was sugar in it but people did yummm it
up!] and pop corn, served as Amazing New Products From The New World.
 The audience seemed to Get It!

William says elsewhere:

>When I am King, I shall make Roast Turkey the national dish of Caid,
> and banish any who dare oppose me!!

I'm safe enough.  I'm the kind of wacky food freak who actually prepares
Morton Thompson's Black Turkey, a fiendishly involved recipe that makes
TEH KEWLEST TURKEY EVAH!  <http://bertc.com/blackene.htm>

Selene