[Sca-cooks] Re:William's Post

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Nov 3 11:31:47 PST 2004

I'm a bit behind the curve on this subject, especially on the 11th c stuff
being discussed (I'm been preoccupied with Other Matters, and suffice it to
say my blood pressure is off the charts at the moment), but I was reading
up just this morning about the Great Famine in 1315-1325 (prep work for a
class I'm teaching on the 13th). There was some serious climate changes
going on- a series of unusually cold, wet winters that ruined crops.
There's accounts of wheat rotting in the fields, etc. The section that I
fell asleep in (ok, I was up until 4) has some interesting data on tree
ring analysis. Once I can make some sense of it, I'll pop in with some more
info.

'Lainie