[Sca-cooks] Plat's titles was roast turkey

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 3 13:29:51 PST 2004

Naw, she's just wrong. My guess is that someplace there's an
entry in some catalog that mentioned Plat in connection with it or
she miscopied something. Cagle certainly doesn't mention Plat in connection
with the AccLadiesDelight. Under the entry Accomplish'd lady's delight,
the 1675
edition is up as a full text document in the EEBO full text project.
The recipe that Sass mentions is there along with a number of other recipes.
Plat in Delightes and I am looking at the 1609 edition
includes 69. Preserving of Artichocks which in the Fussell edition can
be found
on page 52. So Plat does mention them.
Karen Hess also has a full run down on them as there are recipes in the
manuscripts
making up Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery contain recipes using them.
See pages 94-95.

Johnnae llyn Lewis