[Sca-cooks] Pillsbury pie crusts

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 4 10:18:22 PST 2004

I actually agree about not using the Pillsbury refrigerated crusts for
feasts. For that I like to use Mrs. Smith's frozen ones, which are vegan.
Pet-Ritz (now Pillsbury) frozen ones are vegetarian, so they can be used for
vegetarian pies, but they contain whey, which means I personally can't use
them.

Whether or not premade crusts are too expensive depends on your budget and
your available time. I would rather use premade crusts and spend the time on
making something that either I can't purchase or that is far better
homemade.

That said, I can't make pie crust to save my life. No matter what recipe and
technique I use, it always comes out wretched. Go figure.

Cynara